Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Smashed Avo Toast & Being Thankful

This summer has been an interesting one. It's been chocked full of so many different emotions that I can't even categorize them for you. I wish I had more time to revel in them and see them more clearly. I wish I could learn more deeply from them. Even so, life is flying past me at the moment and if I can learn anything at all from this array of emotions then I'll take it.

I have come to value learning in such an immense way. It's rewarding, life changing and encouraging. It's rewarding to know that I am not the same person I was a year ago today. And I won't be the same person next year today. It's exciting to be sure that God will grow me and change me in both the little and big ways throughout the next year of my life. It's encouraging to know that this responsibility of change doesn't fall on me. Instead as long as I look to the Lord and open my heart to His will, He will do the work and He will change me.




No, this isn't new to me. And yes, I realize almost everyone on the planet is obsessed with them. I also realize the simple "recipe" I'm going to share with you was so 2012. But I'm going to share it with you anyway. Why? Because it's so amazing it should be "so in" all the time. ; )



Smashed Avocado Toast:
Serves 1

1 piece bread, toasted
1/2 avocado, mashed
1 small tomato, sliced
salt and pepper


1. Toast bread
2. Mash avocado with fork
3. Slice tomato (optional)

To assemble: Spread smashed avocado on toast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer tomatoes on top and sprinkle with more salt and pepper. Optional: Chop and sprinkle lots of fresh herbs on top.

*To me the whole point of this "dish" is to taste the combination of salted avocado with toasty bread. Leave off the tomato if you want, it's still amazing. But be sure to use enough avocado and sprinkle that layer with salt. Mmmm.




Today I am thankful for change, thankful for emotions, thankful for growth and thankful for avocados. Cheers! Let's eat some Avo-toast. ; )


Are you guys as thankful for avocados as me? What else are you thankful for?? 

Much love,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeay! Yeay! Someone left me a message! ; )