Hip Hip Hooray!!!
My sweet friend Sarah nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award!
An award? For me?? ...Does it count? I mean, Sarah is really sweet and always gives WAY more support than is deserved. So I questioned it... But I think it does count!
And here's why: The Liebster award is for bloggers who have 200 or less followers. I have 3.
.... are you laughing at me?
Well, go ahead! (Join me.) Cause it's funny. And true. Hah.
But what I love about this award is how sweet it is! The award winner is named the sweetest, kindest, nearest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome blog. Those are some wonderful words right there. And I will gladly (and undeservedly) take any of them. :)
As a Liebster nominee, I am required to:
1. Post 11 things about myself.
2. Answer questions from my nominator.
3. Choose 11 other bloggers, link them to this post and create 11 questions for them.
4. Go to their blog and tell them.
So without further adieu, here are the new bloggers I want to nominate!
1. Heather at Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes (has a few more than 200)
2. Emily over at Send Me On My Way
3. Tanya at Leafy Greens and Me
4. Courtney at The-Life Traveler
6. Colin and Rachel at Colin Kai Rachel
7. Corrie at Hey Corrie Tell Me a Story
8. Katie and Oliver over at The Thompson Family
9. Jessica at Blog Sweet Blog
10. Mandy at Simplicity and Reality
11. Katie at As We Go
Here are your questions:
1. Favorite drink?
2. Biggest cooking/baking failure?
3. Why did you start a blog?
4. Current favorite blog?
5. If you could live anywhere?
6. Do you prefer cooking or baking?
7. Night Owl or Early bird?
8. Where do you sing the loudest?
9. What is your favorite type of movie and WHY?
10. Current song you are obsessed with and WHY?
11. Aragorn or Legolas? ; )
The questions from MY nominator:
- if you could instantly learn a language, what would you pick/why? Elvish. Cause I'm a nerd.
- if you were a witch/wizard from Harry potter what would your patronus be? A baby bear. Because it's my favorite animal, because baby is more feminine (ha) and because when it comes to protecting (mainly others) I think I would be fierce -- no playing around. Also, I wouldn't consider myself stealth or sneaky and I don't consider bears to be those either. :)
- that song that you sing to really loudly in the car. Right now? Heartlines by Florence and the Machine, Cold is the Night by the Oh Hello's, and Young Blood by the Naked and the Famous.
- If you were allowed to choose what you were going to look like at the time of your birth, what would you pick out: Well I used to say tall, dark skin, dark hair etc but now I think I would say just a few inches taller, longer /leaner limbs, still fair skin, with TRUE strawberry blonde hair (more on the strawberry side) and I'd keep my brown eyes. But I'd have naturally dark eyelashes with no dark circles under my eyes. ;)
- Does your head or heart lead you in decision making? Usually my heart but the past few years have morphed me into hearing my head speak. I still have to CHOOSE to follow my head but at least I can hear it now.
- the most courageous dare you’ve ever taken or told someone else to do. Courageous? Sounds valiant and I have done no such dare. But one time I did dare my friend to lick the inside of my dog's kennel.
- What is a small silly personal goal you are proud to have accomplished? That I get up everyday and go to work. It's a normal thing that people do everyday but it goes against every fiber in my being to go sit at a desk all day. But I'm proud of myself for doing it even though I don't want to and supporting myself as a result.
- The most confusing instructions you were ever given? Any driving directions my mother tries to give me. (love you mom). : )
- what was your most prized childhood toy? My stuffed animal Bear bear. Or my beanie baby - Nuts (the squirrel). What can I say? I'm relational. ; )
- The worst job/occupation you’ve ever done? I've actually had some pretty good jobs. But one catering job I had was so hard my body ached for days after. And, every time I took dirty dishes to the kitchen the smell made me want to barf. I came pretty close to doing so after the 597th time I walked by.
- What is a style / way of dressing that you secretly appreciate but most people would be surprised if you actually wore it. Early 1900s (before the 20s). I'm pretty sure I'd get some looks. Also, I absolutely love the feel of outdoors-y wear but get comments when I wear it. Apparently I seem to girly to be sporting gear?
- Poof, you have suddenly been bequeathed a hidden talent, and it is: Painting or Carpentry or playing the piano (esp this). I feel like those would be such wonderful stress relievers, means of expression and hobbies.
11 details about me and my life:
1. Baking is one of my favorite ways to relieve stress.
2. My all time favorite vacation was to the Harry Potter Theme Park when I was 23. (nerdy?)
3. I have no shame in belting it out in the car. Or in the shower.
4. My last boyfriend was in 8th grade. (Can I help it if only old men are attracted to me??)
5. I have a strange obsession with Giada De Laurentiis. Why I need every cookbook of hers is
unknown to me.
6. I sometimes run from the bathroom and jump into my bed...so the creepy monster under the bed won't get me, duh.
7. I can't hold in tears. My heart gets tugged at the slightest of events too. Not a good combo.
8. I tend to be overly loyal. If I believe in something or love someone I will fight for it (or them)
until the end. I wish this was a romantic & sweet characteristic about me... but normally it
just ends up kicking me in the rear-end.
9. I hate mayo, walmart and roaches more than most things.
10. My first day in my college Mountain Biking class, I rode out with two (gorgeous) guys and my
instructor. Instead of successfully jumping the curb like the other guys, I hit it and fell over on
the pavement. #thisismylife
11. God loved me first. Therefore I love Him. By His grace alone, I have eternal life in Him.